Sleever: Packaging Machinery for Flat Sleeve Blanks
What is Sleeve Packaging?
Sleeve packaging is one of the secondary packaging that, compared with carton box packaging, has no ends that cover the containment (container).
Sleeve packaging refers to such packaging that a paperboard or cardboard sleeve or flat blank sleeve wraps around the container (bowls, trays, pots, tubs, cups, bottles, …) and makes it not necessary to load them into carton boxes.
What are the advantages of Sleeve Packaging?
Sleeve packaging, in contrast with the traditional carton box packaging, has some evident advantages to be mentioned.
The first of all is that sleeve packaging is simple in terms of appearance. Rather than a carton box that has six facets, sleeve is only a flat paperboard that slides around the container(s).
And when it comes to the packaging of multipack containers, the overall size of the multipack calls for a larger carton box that consumes more materials and the packaging may not be stable enough, while the sleeve needs less material and once it is slid around the containers the stability of packaging depends on the multipack itself, or say, the sleeve is more like a part of the whole thing rather than the packaging that support the containers. The sleeve sometimes has cutouts to hold the containment which attracts more attention on the shelf.
Sleeve vs Carton – Which One is Better?
Sleever: Packaging Machine for Flat Sleeve Packaging
Sleever generally refers to Wrap-Around Sleever, which is a secondary packaging machine for the sleeve wrap-around packaging automation.
Wrap-Around Sleever is able to
- group multiple containers or just a single container such as tray or bowl,
- place the flat blank sleeve on the container(s),
- square, fold and slide sleeve around them
- and seal the sleeve on the bottom
- Containers (trays, cups, pots…) manually fed or come from upstream machines such as tray sealer and thermoformers, are arranged in a timely collated manner by the infeed system
- The infeed system coordinates with central PLC and servo driven sections in the wrap-around sleever for the introduction of containers.
- Cardboard sleeves are placed in the magazine
- The sleeve erectors catche sleeves and place them on each container introduced
- No sleeve fed when no container introduced
- Unique and patented erector design with maximum performance
- Containers with sleeves on them are carried to the folding section of the machine
- The glue unit sprays hot melt glue on the sleeve
- A series of guides and components fold the sleeve and wrap the sleeve around the container
- After the sleeve is wrapped and sealed around the contianer one discharge is complete
- Outpus can be arranged to downstream machinery for case packing and so forth
Looking for Sleeve Packaging Machinery
Our experienced engineering team and professionals are at your disposal to enhance packaging automation into your business to boost your efficiency.
Check the following blog posts to find more info about cardboard sleeving and our automatic carton sleeving machines
- Wrap-Around Sleeve Packaging: WAS Wrap-Around Sleever
- Ready Meals and Sleeve Packaging
- Self-Heating Foods and Sleeve Packaging
- Wrap-Around Sleever
Or get in contact with our team directly to ask for your personalized solutions.